Thursday, October 27, 2011

Six packs challenge: Day 20 - Weight loss is easy, gain muscle mass need work harder

It is the 20th day today, it's time to do a comparison with Day 1 and Day 10. Had my breakfast early today because I tried to push everything earlier. Here is what I did today.

Breakfast (08:00am): 2 half-boiled large egg, 2 pieces of wholewheat bread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 glass of milk.

Here is how I look after breakfast, I weigh my self it shows 55.2kg. This means my body weight is fluctuate 0.5 to 1.5kg everyday.
Now here is the how I look in Day 10.
And this is how I look in Day 1. In case you forget how I look when I just started this blog.

1 hour workout (10:00am)

  1. ~17 minutes - Treadmill: ~120 Calories burned, ~2km.
  2. ~5 minutes - Rest
  3. ~12 minutes - Sit-up: 25 x 4 sets. Each sets rest < 2 mins.
  4. ~12 minutes - Reverse Crunch: 15 x 3 sets, 4th set only able to do 7 times.
  5. ~12 minutes - Bench Press: 170 lbs (77.11 kg) x 4 sets x 10 reps.

Lunch (1pm): 4 hours after my breakfast. It seems a little late because I did feel a bit hungry. Here is what I had: Rice, 150g beef fried with kale in oyster sauce. 1 Glass of milk.
Snacks (2pm): 1 glass of milk, 1 pcs of wholewheat bread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
Lunch 2 (3pm): 55g of chicken breast (without skin), 1 fried egg, vegetables, and a little brown rice.

Here is how I look after eat in all these food.


Thought of the Day
Here i made a comparison of me in Day 1, Day 10, and today (Day 20)
From Day 1 to Day 10, it seems to have prominent changes, where ~2kg of fat has been loss. That can be seen in the picture. However, from Day 10 to Day 20, no prominent changes in the second cycle (10th to 20th day), only can see very little muscle line at core muscle there. Now I started to think, should I go for supplements like Whey protein? Or it is just 10 days. That's why I said weight loss is easy, but to gain muscle mass include six packs, it requires more hard work and effort. Let's see how it goes in another 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment