Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Six packs challenge: Day 12 - Focus on muscle

If you want to train your body, you must train every part of your body, otherwise hire a bodyguard and live the rest of your life. Bruce Lee used to say something like this. Yes it is true, I've seen many people walk in to gym room, direct go for weight lighting, and mostly what they did is to train the biceps and triceps and get a little satisfaction from their arm. Okay, finished others story, now is my story. I look at my own body, I need to focus more on chest (pectoralis), abs (off course), fore arm, and leg. Will start to do some workout today.

Breakfast (10:30am) - Have a very light breakfast, 2 large eggs, 2.5 pieces of wholewheat bread, 1 glass of soy milk.
Lunch (12:30pm) - Chicken porridge.
Workout (2:45pm) - The 1 hour workout.
I did 30 mins on treadmill because my body fat is still high in order to get 6 packs. 30 mins run break into 11 cycle. Cycle 1, 2 is warm up, 3, 4, 5 is run, 6, slow down, 7, 8 run, 9, 10, slow down, and 11 cool down. That is. The machine reading show 163 calories was burn, 2.xx km distance. I would like to say again machine reading usually incorrect, try to stand beside and let the treadmill run, the calories will run too. Is your body burn 5 calories (from the reading) by just standing beside the treadmill and look at it? No.
In an hour, many useful things can be done. After 30 mins run, take rest 5 mins, then:
Plank: First day try to do plank. Able to hold 60 secs first time, then 30 secs, 45 secs, 30 secs, 30 secs. In between rest ~1 min. It is killing my abs for the first time.
Bench Press: Added 10 lbs since Day 10 to 150lbs (68kg). Perform 15, 15, 14, 6 (to failure). Then 6 times with 140 lbs.
Flat Fly: 20 lbs (9kg) each hand. 15 reps x 4 sets.
Rest in between each set < 2 mins. More than 2 mins = waste effort.

Lunch 2 (4:15pm) 200g of Salmon cook in porridge with chicken, carrot, potato, tomato, and fish balls.
Dinner (7:30pm) Fish noodles
Supper (10pm) Raisin bun with ovatine.


How I look today:
Not much different with Day 10 because it is just 2 days. I tried to take picture every day at the same time, same angle, and same position so that it is easier to see my own progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment